The 10 Best Grammar Tools For Creative Writers
By Mary Walton/ When you're writing, you're not thinking about the technicalities of writing. It's all about getting the story onto the page and getting it done. Before you send that story anywhere though, it needs to be proofread. However, you don't need to do it alone. There are lots of tools online that will help you fix up any grammar issues, or even help you improve your grammar in the first place. Here are ten tools that you really need to try out for yourself.
- Word Counter: This tool, as the name implies, will give you a word count when you paste your text in. What's really useful though is that it will also highlight any mistakes that you've made. You can edit right there in the tool, and paste the corrected work back into your document.
- Assignment Help: This site offers an excellent proofreading service that you should take advantage of. They'll do the proofreading for you, catching the errors you missed and editing them out before sending it back.
- Citation Generator: This citation tool is perfect for anyone who uses citations in their writing. All you have to do is give it the source you're using, and it will give you a perfect citation to use in your work.
- Paper Fellows: This site features a whole community of writers that you really must join. When you need help with your grammar, you can call on them to check the grammar in your writing for you. You can also return the favour, if you're so inclined.
- Wordsmyth: This site is great for children's writers. You can look up words and rules in a wide range of dictionaries and thesauruses. You can even do quizzes in order to improve your grammar. You can use the site for free, but to get the best results you can subscribe as member and get full use of the site.
- Academized: Call on the experts at this service to help you edit your work. You can send it off to them and they'll do all the editing and proofreading. They'll send you back writing that's ready for publication right away.
- Grammark: This automatic proofreading tool can be a lifesaver for writers everywhere. If there's no person around you can ask to check your work, this tool can do the job just as well for you. It catches errors such as run-on sentences, passive voice, grammar traps and wordiness. It's a lot more thorough than the average spell checker.
- Essay Writing Service: This website offers several resources on improving your grammar, if you care to look around it. Their in depth grammar guide is especially good, helping you find the right guide for the problem you're having. You can even speak to an expert writer about your grammar, if you'd like.
- Whitesmoke: This writing tool is actually a whole bundle of essential tools rolled into one. There's an advanced spell checker, grammar checker, plagiarism detector, and more. It's one of the best writing tools currently on the market.
- 1 Checker: A lot of tools will ask for payments or donations, in order to get the most from them. This one though is different. 1 Checker will spell and grammar check your work for you, with no charge attached. Perfect for writers who are starting out and looking to save some pennies.
These ten tools will help you shave down the proofreading process, and improve your grammar in the process. Give them all a try, there's going to be a few that you'll keep in your bookmarks from now on.